Monday, March 18, 2019

Practicum Week 10

March 18, 2019 - 2 hrs.

I spent two hours today talking with Ms. Hull, a third-grade teacher at Chase Street, about being my collaborator for my digital citizenship lesson. Two weeks ago, Ms. Hull approached me regarding her desire to begin using Flipgrid with her students. She stated that she is also wanting to start a class blog that students can post to and share their learning experiences. Since we initially talked about these two ideas, I realized that this would be a great opportunity to have a few lessons on a digital footprint.

Today was our first chance to begin planning/discussion these lessons face-to-face. My first question to her pertained to digital citizenship. This was a new concept for her. We spent a good amount of time talking about the different aspects of digital citizenship. We both came to an agreement that a unit on "The Five P's for a Positive Digital Footprint" would be the best element to target. We spent time researching information that we could include in the lessons, the platform we should choose for the lessons, and different web 2.0 tools to include. We did decide to create a hook using social media icons and seeing how many students can identify/name. We also used this time to create some objectives.

Overall, this was a productive use of time. I just hope she does not start feeling overwhelmed with learning a new topic.

March 20, 2019 - 1 hr.
This afternoon I met with Ms. Hull to share with her some of the elements I think we should place into our digital footprint lessons. These included videos, interactive sites, and games. She agreed that they would be very appropriate to tackle the objectives we discussed.

March 22, 2019 - 2hrs.
After school, Ms. Hull and I met to work on the collaborative unit.  We first talked about how to assess the students' learning. We settled on using Google Forms for the pre-assessment, post-assessment, and the assessment after lesson 1.  I showed her Flipgrid and we decide to use it as a way to have students share their thinking with video. We decided that it would work best after lesson 2. I introduced Ms. Hull to Wakelet as a way to curate resources and she thought it would be perfect.

The rest of our time was used to look for resources and begin creating the Google Site.

No comments:

Post a Comment